Mar 10, 2014

My 21 day Fix Results!

Sorry for the late post today, it was a busy day, and it didn’t help that I overslept this morning thanks to Daylight Savings time!
 
As promised, today I’m going to recap my 21 day fix experience and results.
Let’s start with the workouts, which I LOVE.  All of the workout DVDs are around 30 minutes (some a few minutes more, some a few minutes less), and there’s 7 different workouts so you do a different one each day of the week.
There was a lot of variety between the workouts, with focuses on different areas, like upper body, lower body, total body, abs, etc.
There is also a Pilates workout and a yoga workout, both of which I am not very good at because I’m so inflexible, but I did them anyways and they weren’t all that bad J  I think my favorite part of these workouts was Autumn herself…girlfriend has an AMAZING body, so it was pretty motivating to watch her do the moves, and she wasn’t about speed throughout the workout, it was about form and getting the proper movements down to be as effective as possible.  
 
Now let’s talk about the nutrition.  As you might know already, the program comes with 7 color coded portion control containers, based on the major food groups, and then based on your starting weight, you get a certain number of colored containers each day to use.
I will say this about the program: while it’s not impossible to go out to eat while you’re on it, it’s a little difficult to do unless you truly know the proper portion sizes (or unless you’re comfortable breaking out your containers in the middle of the restaurant, which I did do a few times!)  The inherit problem, though, is that you really have no concept of how they’re cooking that grilled chicken (did they use a cup of oil on the grill? What about added butter or other fats? What about sodium?).  There’s just so many unknowns, that I would suggest staying away from dining out for 21 days if you can manage it.
 
That being said, I followed the program to a T the first week, and was down 4.5 pounds in 7 days!  I was doing well, and had been weighing myself daily, so I made a pact with myself not to weigh myself again until my 21 days were over.  I’m really trying to get away from being so tied to my scale, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try it out.
 
By week 2, things had gotten easier, and the cravings for bad foods that I was having in week 1 were pretty much gone.  I also found myself feeling full without eating all my containers, so most days I didn’t eat even close to my allotted number.
 
Fast forward to week 3, and I was seeing amazing results in a few ladies that I was coaching, and after day 17 (a little more than 2 weeks in), I decided I couldn’t wait any more and jumped on the scale. 
And I was SHOCKED.
I hadn’t lost anything since my 7 day weight in.  What the EFF? I was working out like crazy, eating the right foods, I had only eaten out a few times…what gives?  I immediately contacted Beachbody, and asked them what I was doing wrong.
 
They responded with a simple question: are you eating all of your allotted containers?
 
Well, no, I admitted. 
 
I don’t really cook with oil, so I almost never got any of my teaspoons of healthy fats in, and I wasn’t eating salad after the first week, so I wasn’t eating my orange container (designated for dressing, seeds, or nuts), and I would always save my blue container (cheese) “just in case” I had cheese at dinner, but then I always forgot about it by the time dinner rolled around, so I usually skipped that too.  Basically all of the healthy fats that were supposed to be an integral part of this diet, I wasn’t eating.  They asked me to track my calories for the day, and I was shocked to see that I wasn’t even hitting 1000 calories, even though I was feeling full….I was supposed to be eating over 1700 by their calculations!
 
So I immediately changed course, and made an effort to eat each and every container the next day.  And you know what? The scale moved.  I kept at this for the remainder of the program, and still had a great loss overall, but I am admittedly a little mad at myself for letting the one week I decided to not weigh in be the deciding factor in my results here; if I had paid closer attention, I might have addressed the situation sooner! Let this be a lesson people…eating less food is not always the answer, and yes, you can eat too little and stall your own results!
 
So, all that being said, here are my results (don't judge me here, I know I'm not there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!):
 




 
I’m down a total of 9.2 pounds in 21 days!
Did I mention how FLOORED I am with my inches lost!? I'm amazed at the visible changes I saw in my body in such a short period of time, and 13 inches!? HOLY COW! I'm happy to report my clothes are fitting MUCH better now!
 
I do think 9.2 pounds is an AWESOME loss, and one that I’m very happy with, but just for comparison sake I offer you the following:
 
My friend D, who finished the program a few days ahead of me, lost 17 pounds in 21 days! And she didn’t even do most of the workouts, that was really just through diet!
 
Another friend, Ashley, who is getting married NEXT WEEKEND, just dropped 18.2 pounds in 21 days! Her finally dress fitting was last Saturday and they had to take the dress in again since it was falling off her!
 
I plan to do another round of the fix next month with my accountability group when they all get their shipments in; now that I know I really need to eat all my containers to be successful, I know I’ll get even better results this next round.
Wanna join me? Shoot me an email at babebeforebaby@gmail.com for more details!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts