Nov 27, 2012

Decisions decisions

Soo...another round of weight loss competition starts tomorrow, and I'm on the fence about whether to join or not.  I decided initially that I wouldn't do it, because I was driving myself batshit crazy over the fact that the scale just wasn't moving as much as I had wanted it to each week, even when I had huge numbers, it just never felt like it was enough in that last round.  But enter this past weekend, where there was no competition to keep me in check, and I let all hell break lose.  I think I might need more motivation to keep my inner fat girl at bay for now, so I'm considering entering this next round now.  I know my body doesn't drop huge numbers week after week, but maybe it will be the push I need to keep myself from gaining back 20 pounds this next month (believe me, I could easily do that).  Last night was a perfect example..I worked late, went home exhausted and it was pitch black out.  I had no desire to cook, and my husband asked if we could order Chinese food (his treat).  So my plan for grilled chicken and Turbo Fire went right out the window.  I did get up early and do TF this morning instead, but I think I need that extra something to keep me from giving up at the end of a long day.  I'll let you know what I decide tomorrow, but for now, I'm thinking still.  What would you do if you were me??

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I totally feel you. I seriously do not want to gain weight, but it will be SO hard to to a challenge. I compromised with myself about the days I can eat the holiday things I enjoy. I wrote about it (http://wannabe-mama.blogspot.com/2012/11/a-little-bit-of-honesty.html) because IT IS SO HARD DURING CHRISTMAS.

    What are the details of the competition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing the weight loss competition! I am hoping that Fitness Unscripted has another one when the one I am doing is over! It keeps me motivated!! I can throw it all out the window pretty easy for something good to eat!! But I am determined to lose it this time!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that post Stephanie! What a good idea to allow yourself 5 cheat days! The competition details are still being worked out, but basically $20 to enter, weekly winners for $15 a piece, then overall winners after 8 weeks for top 3 weight loss percentages. I came in 4th out of over 30 people last time, but I nearly went insane trying to get there! I think I may just do it anyways, I need that extra push!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts