Feb 21, 2014

Week 1 Recap - The Fix

Today is day 7 of the fix, and although I’m not officially through my first week until tomorrow, I wanted to give you a quick update on how it’s going.
 
First, let’s talk about the workouts, which are, in a word, amazing.  I don’t think I’ve been this sore since going to Bootcamp; this woman knows her stuff! The workouts are not complicated, and they’re not about speed or difficult footwork like some of the other programs I’ve done (TurboFire and T25).  The format of these workouts is actually VERY similar to what I used to do in Bootcamp, which I really liked: 4 rounds of exercise, each round has 2 moves.  You do the move for 1 minute, 20 seconds rest, then then next move for 1 minute, 20 seconds rest, and repeat.  She breaks down what to expect at the beginning of each workout, she spouts out motivation just at that second you’re about to give up, and she makes the workout go by pretty quickly all things considered.  Not to mention, looking at her amazing body in those booty shorts and exposed abs is pretty much enough to make you work harder to try and get a body like hers!
 

 
Now let’s talk about the nutrition.  I’ve been posting some of my meals on IG, so make sure you follow me there for more info, but the basic gist of the program is that there are 7 color coded containers, based on the major food groups, and you get a certain number of each container every day. 
 
That’s it.  The containers are used as portion control, so I’ve been using them like measuring cups and putting my food on regular dinner plates so I can try and re-train my brain to understand what proper portion sizes really do look like.  In some cases, I’m amazed at how much food I can eat.  In other cases, I’m surprised at how LITTLE I should be eating.  The containers are deceptive, and hold a lot more food than you would think, like a yellow container of Mashed Potatoes.  I thought I’d have a tiny serving, but it’s really quite generous.  In comparison, I can also have crackers (whole wheat) for a yellow container serving, but I only get 8 crackers as opposed to just filling up that yellow container.  I think I’ll skip the crackers next week. 
 
So part of this process is learning how to volumize the foods you CAN eat…we all know that if you eat super healthy food, you can actually eat way more than if you were eating a burger and fries, so it’s really about being smarter with your choices too.  At the end of this week, I can say that I do feel leaner, my stomach is less bloated, I feel more energized, and my cravings for sugary foods have subsided.  I had some issues with headaches earlier in the week, but I’m pretty sure that was the sugar detoxing my body since I’ve been eating so crappy for so long now!
 
I have to say, it feels good to be back! I’m really loving this program so far, and I can’t wait to weigh in at the end of my 21 days and see how much progress I’ve made!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts