Aug 20, 2012

Confessions of a fat girl: I can’t say no to pizza

So here’s the harsh reality I have to face: I have virtually no self-control on weekends, especially when it comes to social situations.  I do pretty good during the week, sitting behind my desk and tracking my calories (until I get home that is!) But on weekends, all bets are off.  The hubs and I usually like to go out to breakfast on weekends, one of my favorite things to do actually, but there’s very few things to eat at a greasy spoon that are actually healthy for you.  We typically eat such a large breakfast that we skip lunch, and by the time dinner rolls around we’re starving and eat a really unhealthy dinner.  On Saturday we didn’t go out to breakfast, so I had that going for me, but we went over to a friends to celebrate a new pregnancy announcement (side note: this officially makes me the last one to not be preggers/have children!!), and we started the night with guac and chips, followed by a pizza, followed by brownies.  I’m sure I could have asked them to order me a salad instead, but seriously, who wants salad when everyone else is eating pizza!? Eff that!  So I know the legit solution is to “eat something healthy before you go” so you don’t eat as much bad stuff when you’re there, right? Well I’ve tried that too, and then I get there, good intentions in hand, and someone throws a glass of wine in my other hand, and I drop those good intentions as fast as I down that first drink.  Ok, sure, maybe the solution is don’t drink, right? But that’s no fun…so isn’t there a happy solution? Will I be a slave to this social combo of drinking and pizza for the rest of my life? Probably…but maybe I can give it up for a little while, I mean, if I get preggo I’ve got to give up drinking anyways, so what’s a few more months going to do?  So now we’re back to Monday; time to get back on track and get serious about this diet, or I’ll get to the point where I’m not just too fat to have babies, I’ll be to old too! (Ok I realize I’m not actually too fat to have a baby, but there have been so many studies done that show that you put your unborn child at serious risk by carrying that extra weight around, and even make them more susceptible to childhood obesity.  My friends don’t seem to care about these studies, but I figure if there’s something I can do about it now, then I should, right!? Ok then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts