Oct 12, 2012

Shit's about to get real up in here

Ok so I’m just going to throw it out there that I’m getting sick and tired of drama for the sake of drama.  I read a lot of other weight loss blogs because I find them super inspiring and motivational, but there are certain ones that seem to have let the popularity get to them.  When I start seeing sponsorship for McDonalds on your page, I’m done, sorry.  I know everyone’s gotta make a living, but really? You’re blogging about weight loss, you should be aware of the sponsors you take on.  I’m over the “look at me I’m skinny now” attitude, I’m over the “I’m a motivational figure” ego, and I’m over the ridiculous new outfits every week.  I’m over it. 

There I said it.

 I spend my spare time reading about other people’s journeys, their ups and downs of weight loss, because I think it helps keep me present in what I’m trying to do.  It keeps me motivated and determined to keep this lifestyle change that I started, it reminds me that no one is perfect and that we all make mistakes, and that we need to just stay focused on the ultimate goal of a healthier way of life.  I don’t need to be reminded that my husband might think I “let myself go” or told that maybe if I just got on my knees my marriage would be better.  I’m just straight out disappointed with what this has turned into, and I’m sick of the drama surrounding it, so I’m done.

I love blogs that tell it like it is.  I love to read about other women’s experiences and feelings, the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I don’t even mind reading about how your sex life is affected by your journey, but when the whole tone of the blog changes over the course of a month or 2, something’s gotta give.  I’m sure I’m not the only one out there feeling this way, but I just thought I’d make it known why there’s one less follower out there.

I’ve already spent too much time and energy on this…so I'll end it with this: I’m more determined than ever to make this change happen, so here’s to a healthy, happy weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Couldn't have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog and I am writing a blog about the exact same thing! It has taken me so long to find someone else who wants to lose weight before any babies have come, so I am so excited to find you. In fact, I would love for you to write a guest post if you are interested. My blog is www.wannabe-mama.blogspot.com--if you are interested in guest posting, shoot me an e-mail at stephanie.evans274@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie! I'm so excited to see there are more like me out there! I'm super excited to do a guest post too!! I'll work on that this week!

      Delete
  3. WORD. UP. I have blogged about my whole journey and have reached goal. I still struggle every day and could never imagine a place where I am all..."GOT THIS!" Is there really a weight loss blog with a McDonald's ad on it? If so, that's hilarious. It's like...I have a former drug addicts blog and there are pics of crack all over it. Awesome.

    Natty
    www.longtallnatty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking me out Natty! I just stopped by your blog and I have to say, you are GORGEOUS! How tall are you? Just curious for comparison sake for myself :)
      And yes, the McDonalds shit is a true story!

      Delete
    2. Thank you and obviously so are you! I am 6'0". Around the size of a giraffe. That McDonalds thing totally baffles me. Really funny. Glad I came across your blog. Love a girl with a sense of humor like myself! xoxo

      Delete
    3. I don't blog, but I enjoy other people's blogs! I just came across yours and Stephanie E's (up there!) today Mama Laughlin! I'm trying my darndest to loose as much weight as I can and keep it off before my husband and I start trying (still about a year off, but why not start now?). Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts