Dec 31, 2012

Big changes

I have some big changes and exciting things happening for the start of the New Year.  First, I'm working on a total blog re-design with the help of my awesome friend Brandi over at Thin After Twins, and I can't wait to reveal it!

Second, I've finally moved into the 21st century and signed up for Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook pages for this blog, so I would love if you stopped by any and all of these places to follow, like, pin, tweet, or just say hello :)

Third, it's time for a little reflection.  I know I've been hard on myself this past month for not staying as motivated as I should have been, but the reality is, I'm ending 2012 a whopping 35# lighter than I started it.  I still have a ways to go, but when I started this year at 232, I felt like I would never see the one hundreds' again.  I felt like I was too fat, too lazy, too (fill in your word of choice here) to make any serious headway.  I proved myself wrong.  This year, I ran in a race on Thanksgiving day that I've been wanting to do for as long as I can remember, but always felt I wouldn't be able to handle it.  I go through my ups and downs with motivation, and although I wasn't totally serious all year long about my weight loss, starting this blog at the end of August was the best thing I ever could have done for myself.  You guys are the reason I'm still here.  The reason I haven't given up this month.  The reason I want to keep going, try harder, get back on that wagon.  So thank you.  Thank you for following me, for commenting, for reading, for telling me I can still do this!  You have no idea what it means to me, and I'm so thankful for y'all every day.

So New Year's "resolutions" start today.  I resolve not to make any drastic changes that will burn me out, but instead make small lifestyle changes that I can live with forever, so that this will become not just a diet but a healthy way of life! I started my day with a green monster smoothie, as some of you may have already seen on Facebook, and I'm starting my first round of Insanity.  I'm going to also re-start C25K on my treadmill since the weather has gotten so bad outside I'm not going to be able to run outdoors for a while.  I'm hoping this time around I can improve my speed a bit, so I'm hoping by starting out again at week 1 I can push my speed for the running intervals.  I'm back to logging into MFP today too, I want my 100 day streak back!! 

So what about you, what are your goals for 2013??

Recent Posts