Jan 31, 2013

The Short Shorts Initiative

Confessions of a fat girl: I don’t wear shorts.  Like ever.  I’m talking 95 degree heat, super high humidity, and this girl wears capris.  Or knee length skirts.  Or pants.  Because I hate my thighs that much.  They’ve always been the biggest part of me, the place that every bad thing I eat goes right to.  And have I mentioned the cellulite? Oh there’s lots of that.  Even when I’m losing, the brail just doesn’t seem to go away.  I have decided that my biggest goal for this summer is to rock the short shorts look.  To rock the short shorts and higher heels, legs for miles look.

Allie Larter has a SMOKIN bod!
 
 I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do this.  I’ve NEVER been confident enough in my body to even try.  This year will be different.  This year, I will make it my mission to lose enough weight and tone up my thighs so I can pull this look off in public.

I took some comparison pictures last night at Target, and it wasn’t pretty. 

Please excuse the bad dressing room lighting
 

These are juniors shorts, so they’re cut a bit differently than I’d like, but they had no women’s shorts out yet so it’s all I had to deal with.  Oh and I did purchase those nude heels…in anticipation of my coming out party J  I’ve got a lot of work to do, but I’m teaming up with my pal Brandi to make sure it happens.  We’ll be doing a Tone Em’ Up Tuesdays blog link up, starting next week, to talk about what we’re doing to glam up our gams.  I hope you’ll join us!  What have you done to slim your thighs? I’m always open to suggestions!

3 comments:

  1. Barre. Lots of squats and lunges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thighs have always been my problem area too. I think I might add short shorts to my ORB goals though. I love that look!

    Good luck. Lots of squats helped me, and running.

    MamaB
    http://mamas-losing-it.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thighs are a mess..but I wear shorts anyways..I could live in them! Squats and lunges are your friend..I plan to tone up my bottom half too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts