Jul 16, 2013

Yay for Non Scale Victories!

Today I did something I’ve never done before. 

I ran outside…in SHORTS.  This is a big deal people.  I haven’t worn shorts in public for a long time..probably since high school (I wear capris to hide my bumpy thighs!), but this summer, I’ve managed to step out in shorts a few times now. 
 
(This was my goal outfit for my Fit by the 4th Challenge)
 
Working out in shorts is even worse though..it has always intimidated me … I’d feel even more self-conscious with everything bouncing and jiggling around for the world to see.

But we’re going through a heat wave in CT right now…and frankly I was too damn hot to care.  And you know what? I didn’t feel bad about my legs AT ALL. When I’ve worn shorts in the privacy of my own home in the  past (on the dreadmill), I’ve had serious problems with the shorts ridiing up and my thighs chaffing.  Not today! My thighs must be doing some serious shrinking because my running shorts stayed put and I didn’t have any issues…in fact, I forgot I was wearing shorts at all!

I feel like this is a HUGE NSV for me….I honestly never thought I’d get to a point where I felt comfortable exposing my thighs (and I thought they’d never get small enough to not chafe!).  I’ve still got a ways to go, but I’m happy about the progress I’ve made so far, and can’t wait to see what changes happen over the next few months when I start T25!
 
What are some NSVs that you've had this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts