Oct 31, 2013

CAUTION: You are now entering your Comfort Zone

Do you ever have moments in your journey when you wonder why the heck you’re still doing this?

I mean…I’m pretty much at the lowest weight I’ve ever been as an adult.  People compliment me on my hard work, and when I say I’m trying to lose the last 20 pounds, they look at me like I have 2 heads (Where you gonna lose it from!?)

The truth is, I find it pretty comfortable at this weight.

 

I feel good about myself, I feel strong when I can push through workouts I never thought I’d do before, and I’ve run 3 half marathons.

I’m proud of where I am in my journey, something I never thought I’d be unless I was at my “goal weight”, a number, which in all honesty, is sort of random….why 158 you ask? Well 2 reasons.

First, it’s a decade I don’t think I’ve ever even fathomed was possible for me.  It seems like it’s such a small number, and one I’d be proud to shout from the rooftops…. I don’t want to cringe when someone asks me how much I weigh the next time I’m in the doctor’s office, and even if you added 5 pounds from clothes and water weight, I’d still be happy with that number if I had to weigh-in in front of other people.

Second, it’s exactly 75 pounds from where I started, 233.

75 seems like such an amazing number.  I can’t begin to imagine the pride I’d feel to say “I’ve lost 75 pounds”.  I want that.  I want to be able to say that I did that.  I want to say that I busted my butt, pushed myself further than I ever thought possible, counted my calories, fueled my body, and still managed to deal with everyday life in between.  I’ve had many hiccups on this journey, I’ve never hidden that from you.  I’m not perfect, and I can’t say that I lost my weight in record time, but I CAN say that I’m happy with the road I’ve taken, the things I’ve learned along the way, and where it’s led me thus far.  I can also say that I know I’m not done yet.

Yes, I’ve lost over 50 pounds so far.  Yes, I still have a little more than 20 pounds to go.  No, I won’t stop because I’m comfortable now; it’s time to break out of this comfort zone for good. 

 


 I know I have weight to lose still, and I want to see the 150s more than you know.

I want this. 

I WILL do this.

I’ve had a rough week this week…in all honesty I let my period get the best of me.  I’ve been moody, tired, and craving carbs and sugar like you wouldn’t believe, and I’ve given in.  Between cookies at work, frozen yogurt after dinner, drinks and apps with friends, and not hitting my step goals each day because I’ve been too tired, my scale has not been my friend these past few days.

Tomorrow marks the start of a new month, and 60 days until New Year’s Eve.  Tomorrow marks exactly 28 days until Thanksgiving.  I’m making a commitment to myself, and to you, that starting tomorrow, I will not be indulging in any treats, large or small, until Thanksgiving.  They’re triggers for me to binge, and I just can’t risk that if I want to reach my goals.  It’s time to get serious again.

I’ll weigh in with you every Friday to keep myself accountable, and I’ve got a new DietBet starting today to lead me up to this goal; it ends the day before Thanksgiving (you can still join here: http://diet.bt/17nPWYP )

Feel free to join me if you need the motivation, but either way, keep leaving those comments and shooting me emails, I need the accountability!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts