Nov 27, 2013

Proud

I don’t talk about my family much on this blog, but I wanted to just take a minute today to say how incredibly proud of my Aunts that I am.

Both of my Aunts approached me at the end of the Summer and asked, if they started training, if I’d be willing to run with them on Thanksgiving for their first 5k EVER.

They told me I inspired them to start running, and it brought me to tears.  Here are these 2 incredibly strong women, who have raised amazing children of their own, who have stepped in to help me and my sisters when my own mother decided she didn’t want to be a part of our lives anymore, and they’re telling me that I inspire them??? Holy cow.

I was humbled, flattered, and honored to say the least, and of course I agreed to run with them.
The have both each lost over 50 pounds in this past year, and they look better and better every time I see them.

Both of my Aunts, one in her late 40s and one in her mid 50s, inspire ME, and I cannot wait to run this 5k with them tomorrow morning.  I promised them I would stay by their side the entire race, and that I didn’t care about my own time, I only wanted to run with them, so while tomorrow’s race will certainly not be about personal bests, it will be about family, and I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my Thanksgiving morning.

 
 
 


In other news, it’s obviously a big food day tomorrow, and I’ve decided to make it this week’s reward day so I don’t have guilt eating some of my favorite foods.  I will still try to eat consciously and not over-stuff myself, but I’m not going to beat myself up over it, and I’m not going to let the holiday drag beyond tomorrow.  One day, that’s all it is, and we’ll get right back on track on Friday! J

You can (and should) enjoy the holidays, and stay on track, so long as you make sure you’re limiting the holiday to just one day. 

 

Happy Thanksgiving!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts