Dec 2, 2013

Confessions of a fat girl: Holiday Edition

So much to talk about, where to begin??

Let’s start with Thanksgiving, and how very proud I am of my 2 Aunties for running their first 5k ever!

It was bitterly cold, colder than any 5k I’ve ever done (even last year’s Thanksgiving race), so it wasn’t an easy race to start with for them, but they did it! My Aunt Lesly ran the entire time, I was so proud of her, but she was feeling bad about leaving my Aunt Linda behind, who had started doing run/walk intervals pretty early.  About half way through, I told A. Lesly to keep going and I’d go back for A. Linda, and I ran the second half of the race with her.  She’s from Virginia, so the cold was really hard on her lungs, and her asthma was giving her a hard time; I coached her through, telling her to just run to the next light post then we could walk again, then run to the street sign, etc. At the end of the race, she started crying and said “You didn’t have to do this, stay back with me, but I’m so so grateful you did” and gave me a huge hug J


I couldn’t imagine a better way to spend my Thanksgiving morning! (My 2 cousins ran too, though they steamed ahead way faster than my Aunts!)

Now…on to my holi-weekend bingefest.

Confessions of a fat girl: I’m human.  I fell down this weekend.  And I stayed there for 4 days.  I ate whatever I wanted, I drank a ridiculous amount of wine, and I didn’t track anything I put in my mouth.  Aside from my Thanksgiving morning 5k, I got absolutely no exercise in this weekend (unless you count cleaning the house as cardio!?)

I almost cried when I got on the scale this morning.  A month’s worth of hard work, all gone from one weekend!? This is absurd, and I know (or at least I hope) that some/most of this is water weight because I didn’t come close to getting enough water this weekend, and I know I ate lots of salty foods.  Aside from that, after 4 consecutive days of bad eating, I’m in the midst of a full blown Crohn’s flare up L

This hasn’t happened to me in months, and even though they say diet has nothing to do with it, I’m convinced that my crappy eating is connected to this one.  My stomach is so bloated I’ve gone up a pants size (not uncommon during a flare-up) and making it through a workout is difficult to say the least.  This complicates getting back on track a bit, but makes it all the more important.

Today I’ll go back to carb cycling, and I’m re-doing another round of T25 with my challenge group that starts today.  I’m actually going to wait until this weekend to take my “Before” measurements, I feel like the bloating and water weight from Thanksgiving/Crohn’s will give me an unfair start point and I don’t want anyone to feel like I skewed my progress!
 
I'm sure a few of you out there fell off the wagon this weekend.  We all fall; it's getting back up that sets you apart from the crowd.
 



 
Don't let falling turn into failing, you got this!
Oh and don't forget to vote today!!!
http://www.healthline.com/health/best-health-blogs-contest-id?id=297

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts