Mar 21, 2014

Staying on track over the weekend

It’s Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday!

Friday means the end to a long week, and hopefully 5 consecutive days of staying ON TRACK with your goals to eat healthy and get your workouts in….but it also means the start of 2 (or sometimes 3) full days of non-structured eating, social events, and temptations to eat crap and be lazy about your workouts (at least for me it does!)

So how do you combat this?  One word: ACCOUNTABILITY.

Keep yourself accountable.  It doesn’t matter if it’s just to yourself, to a buddy, or to a whole group of people, make your goals known by saying them out loud and/or writing them down somewhere.

There are 2 tools that I think can really help with this, and they’re both free!
The first: My Fitness Pal.  It’s an app for your phone, and if you don’t have it by now, go get it.  It doesn’t cost a thing, and there’s a whole database of food and exercise to help you track your day.  If you shove it in your piehole, track it in the app.  You’ll be surprised how quickly you slow down your eating when you realize how many calories you've consumed!


The second: Instagram.  Whether you realize it or not, people following you are helping with that accountability; post a screen shot of your calorie tracking log, or maybe a sweaty selfie after you got that workout in.  Taking a rest day? You should still focus on your water intake, so snap a picture of that gallon of water you just chugged!

I know accountability goes a LONG way in helping me achieve my goals, so I’ll be posting my healthy habits this weekend on Instagram (I’m babebeforebaby if you don’t follow me already) and logging all my food into MyFitnessPal (again, babebeforebaby if you want to friend request me). 

My goal: Stay within my calorie range each day, and get a good workout in both days.  Leave me a comment and let me know what YOUR goals are for this weekend, and I'll do my best to help you with some accountability too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts