May 12, 2014

Confessions of a Fat Girl: Mother's Day Edition

Yesterday was a tough day for me.
A day when most of the world has a reason to celebrate.  But I’m the exception to the rule.

My mom isn’t a part of my life anymore, and while I don’t want to get into those details here, it makes days like yesterday especially tough, when I see a million and one posts about how amazing people’s Moms are, and how thankful they are to have them in their lives.  I’m happy for them, I really am…which is why I feel that much worse for resenting this holiday and the fact that I don’t have the same reasons to celebrate.

So..Confessions of a Fat girl, I had a little pity party with my food this weekend…I ate my feelings on Saturday night and then again on Sunday….not my proudest moment, and while I wish I could say I have my emotional eating under control, I have tough days like this still that feel like a HUGE setback in my progress. 



But that’s why I’m writing this post today.  Because in the past, that pity party would have carried over into today.  And today would have turned into another week…and I’d let myself slip back into my bad ways really quickly.

This time it’s different; I had a bad day, I am acknowledging it, and I’m moving on.  We can’t be perfect 100% of the time. 
Fall down 7 times, get back up 8, right?

So, with that said, even though I have a pretty crazy schedule ahead of me this week, I’m going to plan as much as possible and be as close to 100% with my food as I can.  I’m going to try to get in more steps this week, and maybe even throw in a few double workout days too!


I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again.  I’m not perfect…but find me someone who is? A bump in the road won’t derail this train, not this time! 

What’s YOUR plan for success this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts