Jun 7, 2013

Fit Fab Friday

Weigh in day is never fun.  I wasn’t sure what to expect…I had stayed within my calories all week (my MFP pal challenge on Instagram proves this!), I ran 13 point freakin’ one miles on Sunday, and had a great Bootcamp session on Wednesday.  That being said, I’ve had a crazy busy week with work and travel, and haven’t gotten in nearly enough water, ate out (healthy options, but there’s still the sodium factor) more times than I would have liked, and didn’t get to bed before midnight for the past 2 nights in a row.

This morning I weighed in at 186.2...That’s a loss of .6 pounds. 
Poop.

I know that some of that is water weight, but seriously…I RAN A HALF MARATHON on Sunday, what the eff is going on? This just proves my point a little more that I’m pretty sure long distance running makes my body hold on to weight for some reason.

I was feeling a little frustrated and down on myself, so I decided to turn to pictures instead.

Last year, June of 2012, I was at my sister’s wedding in a dress that I THOUGHT made me look “skinny” because it was form fitting right under my boobs and flared out to cover my “problem areas” (IE, hips and thighs).  I had worked hard since January of that year to lose 20 pounds, so I was feeling more confident than I was at my heaviest.  Looking back, that dress was WAY too tight on me, probably by at least a size or 2, but I was obviously in denial. 

I tried that same dress on this morning.  I’m happy to report that the dress is actually too big on me now…I could easily take inches off the waist.  My arms don’t look as flabby.  My shoulders look more toned.  My face looks thinner.

This isn’t an overnight fix.  This is a journey that’s going to take time.  I need to be patient and remember that I AM making changes, even if they are slow.  This isn’t a race.  I will get there eventually, and in the meantime, I know I’m gaining muscle and doing other things that might not make the scale turn out in my favor.  Sometimes, you just have to say eff the scale and trust the process.  Trust the PROGRESS.

 
Just. Keep. Swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts