Jul 9, 2014

Q&A with Autumn Calabrese

As I mentioned in another post, I had an amazing opportunity at Summit to go to a private Q&A session with Autumn Calabrese, creator of the 21 day fix.  You all know by now how much I love this program and how successful I've been with it, so I was dying to get Autumn’s take on some of the most common questions I get in my group.  

Today, I’m going to share some of those answers we got from Autumn to help you in your own 21 day Fix endeavors!



Q: How many containers should I eat with each meal? How many meals per day? What does YOUR day in containers look like?
A: I try to eat 5 to 6 meals per day, about 2 to 3 hours between each meal.  I ALWAYS eat all my carbs before 4pm (this includes both yellow and purple containers), and I make sure to eat my orange/blue containers somewhere in the mid-day area, and without carbs.  A typically day looks like this:
1st Meal: Red + Yellow
2nd Meal:  Red + Yellow + Purple
3rd Meal: Red + Yellow + Purple
4th Meal: Red + Green + Blue or Orange
5th Meal: (Remaining containers)

Keep in mind: Autumn works out for 3+ hours PER DAY!! She’s a beast, seriously…don’t let her tiny frame fool you, she works hard for that body, and remember, it’s her JOB to be fit, so don’t compare your journey to hers!

Q: What’s the deal with almond milk? Why is it considered a “treat” and a yellow container when it’s so low in calories and macros if it’s unsweetened?
A: Really, that was the nutritionist’s call.  I say if you love your almond milk, go for it (in moderation of course).

Q: I’m in the lowest calorie bracket and I’m STARVING.  Seriously miserable…my stomach could eat itself.  Anything I can do?
A: Don’t ever NOT eat – just bump up to the next bracket if you’re truly starving! HOWEVER, be sure this is really the case.  Are you drinking enough water? Try eating more “Green” containers first to see if that helps.  Play with this to find your sweet spot, especially if you have a more active job or are doing more than one workout at day.

Q: Is a 30 minute workout REALLY enough to change my body and lose weight?
A: New studies suggest that if you push hard in the first 30 minutes of your workout, that’s where all your gains come from.  It’s only 30 minutes, so no slacking off!

Q: How often should I be doing the bonus 10 minute ab workout?
A: You can really work abs every day if you want to, but keep in mind that Leg day also works your abs.  I do abs twice a week in addition to my leg day workouts.

Q: Are there modifications to make if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
A: If you’re pregnant, add 300 calories to your daily intake.  If breastfeeding, add 300 calories.

Q: Why are beans a yellow? I’m a vegetarian, and that’s where I always get my protein from.
A: Again, it’s the nutritionist’s call on this one; beans are more carb than they are protein, and the bottom line is, at the end of the day, animal protein is the best source of protein for your body when it comes to weight loss.

Q: Is there a preferred fish for the “3 day fix” portion of the program?
A: Tilapia and Cod are best

Q: Do you have “cheat meals”? If so, what’s your favorite cheat meal? How often do you do this?
A: Yes, I’m human, I eat bad food too.  I wouldn’t say I have a “Favorite” cheat meal, but my most common one is that on leg day, right after a serious, intense, long session…I INHALE not 1 but 2 donuts.  Seriously…it might scare you, I don’t think I breathe while I do this, and they’re gone so quick, but they’re delicious, and I look forward to the end of my workout on those days!

Q: What’s the biggest piece of advice you have for someone going through this program?


Want the answer to that last one?? Well, I have to save something for my customers, don’t I? I share this tip with those going through my challenge groups, and my next 21 day fix group starts on 7/21, so if you want this last answer, along with some other great knowledge I’ve learned so far in my various rounds of the fix, then email me at babebeforebaby@gmail.com for more info!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts